- Desires to be more environmentally responsible
- Makes key decisions in support of home comfort
- Promote products that have been adopted—like LEDs—as the gateway to other products. Connect LEDs with other products both in your communications and in store promotions. This population is more likely to purchase in store than online. Power strips, weather-stripping and other simple DIY energy efficiency products that can easily be used during home renovations should be cross promoted with LED products.
- Create greater brand value through the emotional benefits of home comfort and acting in support of the environment, which a large part of the population values as energy efficiency benefits.
- Use traditional communication methods targeted directly at the DIYer. Partner with home improvement apps, publications (on and offline) and social channels. Over a third of this segment prefers Spanish over English so communicate in Spanish. And don’t forget the traditional channels. The Hispanic customer is asking for knowledge and education, and they prefer regular mail.
Mary Stewart, Managing Director at KSV, will be sharing our research about the Utility of the Future and customer's expectations,.at the NECA Conference in South Falmouth, MA on June 4th.
Ann is KSV’s Mission and Brand Manager. Her experience in marketing and communications is deeply rooted at the intersection of sustainability and energy with fellow certified B Corps. And whoever thought Superman had the best capes never met Ann. Read more from Ann here.